START STEREOTYPE THREAT TRAINING
This training module is designed to be conducted in a half-day workshop (approximately 3-4 hours). Participants will engage in personal reflection, transformative conversations, and interactive activities to foster collaborative knowledge exchange among participants. It utilizes innovative teaching methods and incorporates students’ lived experiences.
- Welcome and Overview: Introduce the training objectives, goals, and the importance of addressing stereotype threat in higher educationUnderstanding the concept of racial trauma in higher education
- Understanding the concept of stereotype threat in higher education and its impact and the campus community
- SESSION 1: Understanding Stereotype Threat
- Self Reflection Activity: Participants will individually reflect on their own experiences and perceptions of stereotype threat in higher education settings
- Presentation: Facilitator provides an overview of stereotype threat, its impact on students of color, and its implications for performance and engagement