START RACIAL TRAUMA TRAINING
This training module is designed to be conducted in a half-day workshop (approximately 3-4 hours). Participants will engage in personal reflection, transformative conversations, and interactive activities to develop culturally responsive approaches that create healing spaces for marginalized racial and ethnic groups.
- Welcome and overview of the training module’s objectives
- Understanding the concept of racial trauma in higher education and its impact and the campus community
- Recognizing Racial Trauma
- Definition and manifestations of racial trauma, with a focus on experiences in educational settings
- Research findings on the psychological and emotional effects of racial discrimination and disparities