CONNECTLink is a one-stop portal for employers in Southeastern Massachusetts to publicize internships and jobs to the six CONNECT colleges and universities.
Simply enter your employer and job posting information and it will be distributed to all six institutions.
Note: CONNECTLink is for employers only to distribute job and internship postings to the CONNECT community. Students seeking internships should not use CONNECTLink, but rather go through their home campus’ Career Service or Co-op Office.
CONNECTLink provides an easier way for companies to access the talent on our six campuses and will expand experiential learning opportunities for our students.
- Employers must create a profile. Employers who are already registered with one of our campuses will need to register again with the CONNECTLink website. (Employers who wish to continue working with only a campus where they have already established an account may do so, and need not enter information into the CONNECTLink portal.) You may elect to feed your information to all six campuses, or to select schools.
- Submit job postings through your CONNECTLink account. These are automatically fed to the individual campuses, where they are reviewed by each campus and are approved or rejected at the institutional level. You will receive communication from each individual campus as to whether your profile and jobs are approved.
Policies for Employers
- The CONNECT colleges and universities provide this website as a free service for employers, students and community members. They make no guarantee that a qualified applicant will be found for any given listing. CONNECT and its member institutions do not guarantee that the service will function error-free or uninterrupted.
- The CONNECT colleges and universities retain the right to refuse, for any reason, any employer the opportunity to post internship or employment opportunities on this website.
- Employers who post on CONNECTLink agree to manage their own postings through the system. Internship postings may be kept open for one year. Postings for full- and part-time jobs may be kept open for three months. Employers can enter the system to renew the listing if the position has not been filled within that time period.
- Your organization must be a corporation, a limited liability partnership (L.L.P.), a not-for-profit [501(c)(3)] organization, a government agency or an educational institution.
- Positions that require prospective employees to purchase products or services, or positions involved in a “pyramid” or multi-level type networking structure requiring or encouraging the recruitment of others to sell products or services are not permitted.
- No door-to-door sales, home-based businesses, or “business opportunity” postings are allowed. Positions that pay a commission-only salary will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Third party recruiters, search firms, employment consultants, and placement services must identify themselves as such, must disclose client’s name and contact information, and must not require a placement fee from the student, consistent with NACE’s Principles for Professional Practice
- Employers using this service agree that no qualified student shall be discriminated against or excluded from any benefits, activities, or programs on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, political belief or affiliation, and veteran status. They further agree to provide the intern or employee a working environment free from sexual harassment and unlawful discrimination.
- The employers who post on CONNECTLink agree to provide the intern or employee with a safe, professional and supervised environment, and guarantee that work will take place in a commercially-zoned office, industrial or professional physical location.
- Employers agree to provide adequate protection to the employee through Workers’ Compensation and/or liability insurance as required by law and in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Policies for Internships
- CONNECT STRONGLY RECOMMENDS that interns be compensated in accordance with Department of Labor standards.
- Internships should relate to the students’ majors or areas of career interest.
- Internship should be at least 80% professional work and no fewer than 45 hours if the student is to receive academic credit
- Internships require continuous supervision by a professional in the field (not a student).
Contact the individual campuses for questions about their policies and guidelines, or whether listings have been posted or received:
Laurent Troland, Assistant Director, Career Services
Mass Maritime Employers
Connect with Us
Reach out to Stacey Kaminski at Stacey.Kaminski@connectsemass.org
to learn more about the CONNECT partnership.