what is CONNECT?
CONNECT is a partnership of the six public higher education institutions in Southeastern Massachusetts: Bridgewater State University, Bristol Community College, Cape Cod Community College, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Massasoit Community College, and the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth
what is its mission?
Established in January, 2003, CONNECT has two basic goals: to improve the quality, accessibility, and affordability of higher education; to advance the economic, educational, and cultural life of Southeastern Massachusetts.
How does CONNECT fulfill its mission?
CONNECT realizes its mission by focusing on four major areas, with activities and initiatives that: enhance academic programs and ease transfer of students among the institutions; foster economic development throughout the region; promote cultural programs and projects; share expertise and resources. The executive officers of the CONNECT institutions act cooperatively to strengthen their institutional missions, and to enrich the life of the region.
What is the central message of CONNECT?
Higher education plays a pivotal role in improving the quality of life of both individuals and communities. As public institutions of higher education dedicated to serving the region and Commonwealth, the CONNECT schools are embedded and engaged in the well-being of the cities and towns that are their neighbors. There are no ivory towers here--only groups of citizens and institutions with expertise and resources to share.
The CONNECT partnership has become a model for cooperation among regional institutions of higher education, and for interaction with various segments of society, for the betterment of all. Within this site are some examples of the work of CONNECT in the four major areas of its mission, examples of the partners' vitality and impact on groups as numerous as they are diverse--from school districts, to businesses, to social service agencies, to governmental organizations.
Please visit these web sites to learn more about CONNECT and its projects.
Within this site are some examples of the work of CONNECT in the four major areas of its mission, examples of the partners' vitality and impact on groups as numerous as they are diverse-from school districts, to businesses, to social service agencies, to governmental organization.
- January 2003 - CONNECT Partnership is Formed
- March 2003 - First Legislative Breakfast held at UMASS-DATMC
- April 2003 - Economic Impact Report Published
- November 2003 - 2nd Legislative Breakfast held at Bridgewater State University
- February 2004 - Distinguished Speaker Series hosted, Lesra Martin
- FY 2004 - Joint Facilities Master Planning Project
- FY 2005 - Transfer Articulation Project hired 2 new F-T coordinators
- FY2005 - Banking Services Project. Saves $100,000/yr
- FY2005 - Writing Project brings together 97 faculty from 5 campuses
- FY2005 - Leadership Development Program launched
- June 2005 - Regional Leaders Summit hosted at Bridgewater State University
- September 2005 - CONNECT hires first executive director
- September 2005 - CONNECT Vision for Higher Education Published
- April 2006 - SE Mass Regional Leaders Breakfast at ATMC